Girls’ participation in sports has steadily improved over the last couple of years, with more girls participating in sports. There are several factors that influence the participation of girl’s in sports, and in this article, we are going to discuss some of them.
Reasons Why Girls Drop Out
Lack of access
When it comes to sports, girls have fewer opportunities as compared to boys, 1.3 million fewer. This in turn has led to limited opportunities, which leads them to taking their interests elsewhere. In such cases, their sporting opportunities are either non-existent, or will cost more money. This is often due to lack of access to facilities that can accommodate girls.
Safety and transportation issues
Sports occurs at certain venues that will men girls going to. This can be tricky for girls, and especially those in densely populated regions that require them to pass through dangerous or unsafe neighborhoods. Carpooling is one of the best ways of tackling this problem, where they can go with friends or family. Without safety, or options like carpooling, the girls will be forced to abandon the sports.
Despite the fact that there is quite a lot of progress that has been made, there is still a lot of discrimination that is based on sexual gender or orientation. Girls are afraid of taking part in sports that are considered male since they can experience bullying, social isolation, negative performance evaluations, and many more things. This especially happens during their adolescent ages where they are overly sensitive about themselves, and wouldn’t like to be tagged as gay.
Lack of positive role models
Today’s girls lack models that exude confidence, models that are strong female athletic role models. Instead they are met with those that focus on external beauty. As such, they tend to want to fit in with what is trending and not what stands out. At this stage, peer pressure is a major influence in their lives and without the proper encouragement to participate in sports and stay healthy, they tend to drop out.
Best Ski and Snowboard Goggles 2017-2018 Season
Amongst the things that influence the participation of girls in sports, mentioned above is safety. That is what brings us to the second part of this article. Skiing and snowboarding are some of the popular sports that girls can participate in. in order for them to stay safe while participating, there are a number of accessories that they have to wear such as helmets and goggles. Goggles not only protect their eyes from particles that could enter them. Wearing an anti fog is important since skiing and snowboarding usually takes place in foggy areas with poor visibility in some cases. That is the other use of the goggles. We are now going to look at some of the best ski and snowboard googles for this season. The lenses are also very important, and so we will also mention the lenses that they have.
- Cloud 9 Kids Snow Goggles – Cylindrical; mirrored lenses
- Smith Optics Sidekick Youth Snow Goggle – Cylindrical; clear lenses
- Bolle Carve Snow Goggles – Cylindrical; non-polarized lenses
- Smith Optics Scope Unisex Snow Goggle – Cylindrical; multiple options of lenses
- OutdoorMaster Ski Goggles PRO – Spherical; mirrored; interchangeable lenses
- POC Lobes Ski Goggles – Spherical; multiple options; interchangeable lenses
- Bern Eastwood Goggles – Spherical; mirrored; interchangeable lenses
- Dragon Alliance NFXS Ski Goggles – Cylindrical; mirrored; interchangeable lenses
- Dragon Alliance NFX2 Ski Goggles – Spherical; multiple options; interchangeable lenses
- Electric California EG3.5 Adult Goggles – Spherical; mirrored; interchangeable lenses
- Smith Optics I/OS Ski and Snowboard Goggle – Spherical; multiple options; interchangeable lenses
- Oakley Flight Deck Ski Goggles – Spherical; multiple options; interchangeable lenses
- Giro Compass Snow Goggles – Spherical; Vivid (patented); interchangeable lenses
- Oakley Airbrake Ski Goggles – Spherical; clear; interchangeable lenses
- Burton Anon M2 Goggles – Spherical; mirrored; interchangeable lenses
If we could address the above factors that influence the participation of girls in sports, we would see more girls participating actively in sports. There are more influencing factors that could be added such as cost, but we will leave those for another day. On the other hand, if you feel that skiing is your thing, the goggles listed above are the best you will find on he market.